Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Self Help Improvement

Self-Help By Self-Coaching through Depression and Anxiety

If you read my other articles on depression and anxiety you can see that I went through some tough times and you may have noticed the effort I put into self-help. With my rapid onset of my severe symptoms, even though looking back there were minor symptoms that I lived with for most of my life, I had to find answers. I was looking to find answers to why these physical symptoms came on and how I could remove them.

The first place my self-help effort took me was to a Psychologist named Joseph J. Luciani PH.D. My first desperation led me to Luciani by the internet. Dr Luciani is a self-help expert that devotes his time to helping suffering depressed and anxious people with immediate feedback. To locate him, type Self Help and his name and you will come to his site.

This is an incredible display of responsibility and devotion by this incredible man. The night I woke up with my panic attack at 3 AM I was able to find his site for self-help and write exactly what I was feeling and going through at the minute. And those that have had a full-blown panic attack know exactly the fear that race through your mind and body.

Within one day I had receive an answer from Dr. Luciani which began to soothe my soul. I had no idea the number of people that struggle and the help and self-help available.

I have used many resources since that scary night and two of the self-help resources I used are by Dr. Luciani. The first book I bought was "Self- Coaching How to Heal Anxiety and Depression" and his second book "The Power of Self-Coaching The Five Essential Steps To Creating The Life You Want".

Both self-help books did a great job educating me on how my own thoughts and lack of control over these thoughts were creating unbearable symptoms. He explains why we develop these bad habits but then assures me that correcting old wounds was unnecessary to gain back the joy of living. Dr. Joe (A name he likes) gives easy to follow exercises that anyone can practice and begin regaining and expanding a joyful life.

Even though I have used many resources, all providing different exercise and creative ways at helping, I often go back and talk to Dr. Joe and reread one of his wonderful books.

I owe Dr. Joe much thanks for heading me in the right direction.

Scott Farmer
http://babyboomersthriven.com

No comments: