Monday, June 9, 2008

Father's Day

Once again its Fathers day
A day thats just for you
For me to show my gratitude
For everything that you do
You always have time for me
Even in your busy day
A friendly word, a joke or two
Your loving smile goes a long way
I hardly ever say, I love you
But I feel with all my heart
A love that will never end
Its been growing from the start
Youll always be my special friend
Yes Dad thats what you are
There could never be another Dad
Who compares to you, by far
Thank you for being wonderful
I love you, yes I do
You are the greatest ever Dad
Thank you for being you.

My name is Joanne Hale, known as Jo by friends and family (except for my Mum, who still calls me Joanne note the two syllables Jo and anne always got me two smacks whenever I was naughty as a child!). I was born in Bristol in May 1970 and have lived in and around there all my life. I married in 1999, which did not work out and ended in divorce less than a year later. I married for the second time in February 2001, to Peter, who I love with all my heart and soul we truly are soulmates. We currently have one cat. I have a really good imagination, which can sometimes be a hindrance, but it is what helps me with inspiration to write my poetry, which I do as a form of relaxation and to give pleasure to others that read it. I write about everyday occurrences and events that have either happened to me or to others. I had my first poem published in a magazine when I was 10 years old since then I have had poems published in a variety of things, and over the past few years, quite a few in anthologies with Forward Press and others.

I'm now putting my poetry online now. I have a web site at http://www.johalepoetry.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ I also have a blog at http://jo-hale-poetry.blogspot.com/

John F Kennedy

No comments: