Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Law of Attraction Does Not Work!

After speaking with a lot of people and doing a deep soul search, I have realized that following the Law of Attraction has neither improved my life nor brought me riches as "The Secret" and other gurus insist upon telling us it does. The same has happened to too many people.

True, there are a lot of great things about the LOA that I think we should all continue to follow, but expecting abundance, perfect relationships, and perfect health among other things requires a different set of attitudes, beliefs, and action.

Because we so much want be happy, we have bought the idea that the Law of Attraction is our savior. And, when things don't happen 6CDas we expect them to, we start to punish ourselves, feeling guilty and miserable asking ourselves: "How come this works for others but not for me?"

So, instead of telling those who have become millionaires by selling the idea of the LOA for prosperity and for a perfect life, that there is something amiss in this whole philosophy, we keep vouching for them as if they were gods and swallow our pride and vow to work harder and better.

We are so desperate that we promise to work more and more so that we keep going even though the odds are against us: we keep thinking positively when we can barely made it through the month, forgiving those who have badly hurt you (and thus remembering them over and over and over again), appreciating what we receive, even the mosquitoes that bite us, etc. We are so desperate that we drink the sand believing it is water.

We flog ourselves thinking that if the LOA is not working for us, it is our fault. Hence, we promise that we will do better and we promise to change so that great things will happen to us as well and we promise to make it happen. Sounds very much like an abusive relationship, doesn't it?

Granted, there are those who have manifested certain things once in a while; I for one manifested my white BMW last year. But it certainly did not come free as a present of the Universe. Nor did I get any discount on it or anything. In fact, I paid for it more than I needed to. So I ask you: what kind of manifestation is this? Now, don't think I am ungrateful for I am not. I dearly love my beemer and I feel like a million bucks every time I drive it.

However, when we think about the things that we have wished for and those which we have manifested, the cou5B4nt for "failure" is too big to ignore. If not, there would not be hundreds of forums and workshops, and courses, and teleseminars, and books that people keep visiting over and over again in the hopes to understand what they have been doing wrong and how to make it happen once and for all.

So what are we doing wrong? Nothing, really. But we feel bad because we cannot manifest our desires like everyone else; only there is no one else. I am prone to believe that the manifestation provided by the LOA is like winning the lottery. Only, when we don't win, we don't feel so bad, beating up on ourselves for not doing our best to win, for not doing the right thing.

Also, think about this. The LOA asks for a complete shift in our thoughts. So let me ask you this: there are 1440 minutes in a day. How many minutes per day can you think positively about that which you desire? How many minutes can you really focus on your wishes? How many minutes can you keep on forgiving those who have hurt you? How many minutes can you keep affirming something that deep inside you, you really don't believe in? And the list goes on and on. If you only do this, when do you live?

We have tried EFT, affirmations, visualizations, CDs, self-hypnosis, meditation, and so on to complement the LOA (since it is not really working); to improve our odds at manifesting our wishes. Let's be honest and answer the question: did they really make a big difference? Of59C course, tiny differences abound; little things here and there, but how about things that we really care for with all our heart? I mean, besides finding a parking space or a penny on the ground?

We are all feeling like failure: we are unhappy, we feel guilty; we feel frustrated; we feel abandoned; we feel self-conscious; we feel desperate. And yet, we insist in pursuing that which is NOT working for us. And we keep believing in those who say that if the LOA doesn't work it is our fault.

Well, I say: enough of this!

There are other laws, other philosophies, and other people out there who are doing great but not because of the Law of Attraction. So, my friend, I am here to give you permission to put aside the Law of Attraction, at least for the time being, and consider other venues.

Forget those who keep telling you to feel this or that. It is ok not to feel. Forget those who keep telling you to believe in this or that. You believe what you believe.

If the Universe and God are as good, benevolent, compassionate, and abundant as we think they are; we don't need to feel anything; we don't need to believe in anything. We only need to live with as much compassion and love for all living beings as we can. And things will come our way.

Do we need to have faith? I think it is a good idea, for faith makes it easier for us to face the ordeals of life. But faith is not going to change what5B4 you deserve to receive.

What we need is to embrace something else something that makes us feel good for a change. I am ready for it. Are you?

If you are, please, join me at Prescription For Bliss: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rx4bliss

It is a yahoo group, where we can all share our good stuff without the limitation of the LOA and its gurus.

As of today, I am doing away with my subscribers' list but I wish you could come to our yahoo group. There is certainly much to be discussed and learned and this is a great opportunity.

I don't intend to make a difference in your life. In fact, I don't think I am able to do that. Only, I wish I can help you change your reaction to what comes to you. I only intend to give you tools for you to live your life fully, with the positive and negative, good and bad, ups and downs. It is for grabs, really.

This group is for everyone. Invite your friends if you will. Let's all share what is supposed to be simple, easy, abundant, and fun: Life!

If you do not wish to join me, I wish you a world of happiness and peace.

With much love,

Dr. Maria

Dr. Maria Moratto invites you to join http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rx4b386liss and also to check drmariapresents.com and listen to conversations in all areas of personal development. You may reprint this article in its entirety as long as you add this resource box. Dr. Maria Moratto 2007

Powerofpossibility

No comments: