Friday, June 26, 2009

Living Life Fully - Self Help Tips

I was in deep thought recently, and for some reason time was on my mind. I though, "Wow, time does seem to go by pretty fast!" I can recall back to my middle school years when I, for whatever reason, could not wait to become a "Grown Up."

Mainly for the purpose of doing things that I couldn't do at the time due to age restrictions. Things like hanging out with my friends pass when the street lights came on, and working to be able to purchase what I wanted when I wanted it. Now that I am grown, I often take time to reflect on my younger years and how SIMPLE life was. It seems as though worries were very minimal at the time.

I can remember how so many of my peers held BIG dreams and goals for their future. There were countless doctors, actors and actresses, attorneys, inventors and so on. Not only did we envision ourselves achieving these goals, we also had everyone telling us that we can be whatever it is that we want to be. This gave us that level of belief and certainty. Then, as years progress and our minds develop, something begins to put limits on our minds. Next, the thoughts that invade our brains are thoughts of discouragement. We begin to lose the belief that we can be whatever we want to be. To add insult to injury, we also no longer hear those words from others encouraging us to reach our dreams. We are now taught to live a mediocre life and be like everyone else. Life is too short!

We need to breathe life back into our dreams once again. Take those dreams and make them our goals. When you actually take and put it on paper, now you have a physical form of your dreams to look at. The next thing you want to do is to formulate a plan that will help you reach these goals. Please don't let time pass you by without you at least seriously trying to pursue your dream lifestyle. The opportunities are in abundance for everyone to use and to take advantage of. Don't give in to a life of mediocrity.

There are two types of people in this world. Those who watch others dreams come true, and those who make their dreams come true. Which type of person are you?

http://www.jay-livesuccess.blogspot.com

No comments: